Commencal Meta TR Staff Edition Trail Bike
When Commencal developed the META TR 29, its intentions were clear - to make a bike that performs very well uphill but that also retains the COMMENCAL downhill DNA. They got the result they wanted thanks to a few key points:
- Large 29-inch wheels.
- Reworked and modifiable kinematics making the bike more dynamic.
- A straighter seat angle (and reduced offset).
The result is a particularly harmonious bike, a formidable pedaller and ideal companion for long active rides. The TR is seamlessly capable of transcending from uphill to downhill and soaking up all types of lumps and bumps in between. Thanks to 140mm of rear travel and the 150mm or 160mm fork, it tackles most obstacles without hesitation. Plus, the TR shows liveness and is playful when it comes to the terrain and pumping for speed etc. Mike Kazimer, reporter at Pinkbike, describes the META TR 29 as one of the funnest bikes he's ridden!
The stiffness of the frame is always the subject of much attention.
The use of double-row Enduro Bearings allows a more homogeneous deformation of the frame without the loss of stiffness via the bearings.
In addition to all this in-depth work, like on our META POWER TR, META SX and CLASH bikes, we now offer a Flip Chip on the shock absorber extension in order to more acutely adjust the geometry, and therefore fit your personal style! This system means you can influence the height of the bottom bracket as well as the steerer and saddle angles within seconds. Depending on what you want, effectively, you can choose between a lively bike perfect for big pedalling missions, or more progressive bike ideal for days in bike park or on more committed lines.
The META TR Staff Edition features a Sunset design that was inspired by the SUPREME DH V5 ridden by Hugo Frixtalon at the 2022 Lourdes DH World Cup. It's a build that features the favorite combination of frame and components from our staff in Andorra!
There's 160mm of travel at the front, 140mm on the back and 29-inch wheels. It's made for having full fun whether that's riding the most challenging technical trails close to home, for bike park days or even an Enduro World Series race. . . It's got everything you need!
- FOX 38 Factory Fork - for a deliberately muscular build. With the Kashima treatment, in our opinion it's the best enduro fork at the moment. Smooth, precise and easy to adjust.
- FOX Float X2 Factory Shock - the same model our DH teams ride. It absorbs impacts excellently at high and low speeds whilst being almost completely lockable when pedalling, so that as little travel and energy is lost as possible.
- CRANKBROTHERS Synthesis Enduro Carbon Wheels paired with INDUSTRY NINE Hydra Hubs. Ridden by the COMMENCAL Enduro Project, our R&D team, and which according to our Product Managers, have the best performance to life expectancy to comfort ratio.
- SCHWALBE Magic Mary Tyres (29x2.40) "Super Trail" casing and ultra-soft rubber. THE choice for an enduro bike.
- SHIMANO XTR 4-piston brakes with 203mm discs. Power and excellence.
- A reliable, precise, and quiet SRAM X01 Eagle drivetrain.
- A RENTHAL cockpit - perfect shape, top rated, and classy.
This is a DREAM BIKE build from COMMENCAL staff in Andorra. Ready for adventures as well as racing!
2022 Meta TR, 140 mm travel
29'', Alloy 6066, triple butted tubes, T4, T6. Enduro bearings
Fox Float X2 Factory
210 x 55 mm, HSC, LSC, HSR, LSR, 2-postion adjustment
Fox 38 Factory, 160 MM Travel
29", Grip 2 damper, HSC, LSC, HSR, LSR, Boost (15 x 110 mm), 44 mm offset, 3 Tokens
ACROS ZS44 / ZS56
Alloy cups, sealed bearings
40 mm extension, 31.8 mm
Renthal Fatbar Lite on S/M - Renthal Fatbar on L/XL
31.8 mm, 760 mm width, 30 mm rise, Alloy 6061 on S/M - 31.8 mm, 800 mm width, 30 mm rise, Alloy 6061 on L/XL
ODI Elite Motion
Soft pro compound, single clamp, black
Shimano XTR, 4 Pistons, I-Spec EV Compatible
Rotor: SHIMANO SM-RT86 203 mm, 6-bolt, Ice Technology Freeza
SRAM X01 Eagle
SRAM GX Eagle AXS, 12 SP
SRAM Descendant Carbon Eagle, 170 MM Crank Arms, Boost
Chainring: SRAM Descendant X-Sync, 32
SRAM GX Eagle
SRAM XX1 Eagle
Copper finish, 12s
Crankbrothers Synthesis Enduro Carbon
Rear: 29", 32 holes, 29.5 mm inner width - Front: 29", 28 holes, 31.5mm inner width
Industry Nine Hydra
Rear: 32 holes, 0.52° ultra fast engagement, 6 pawls - Front: 28 holes
SPOKES / NIPPLES
Sapim CX-Ray front / Sapim CX-Sprint rear
Rear: Schwalbe Magic Mary - Front: Schwalbe Magic Mary
Rear: 29" x 2.4", Super Trail, Addix Ultra-Soft, Tubeless Ready - Front: 29" x 2.4", Super Trail, Addix Ultra-Soft, Tubeless Ready
Fox Transfer Factory
31.6 mm, travel: 125 mm on S, 150 mm on M, 175 mm on L and 200 mm on XL, 1x lever + seat tube adaptor to 34.9 mm
Fizik Terra Alpaca X5
145 mm width, S-alloy rails
|WEIGHT||15.8 KG / 34.83 LB|
Down Tube Protector, Chainstay Protector, Seatstay Protector