Congratulations on the purchase of your Frog Bike, one of the highest quality kids bikes on the market today. Our team at Ready, Set, Pedal is here to help get your child out riding as quickly as possible. By following our "Quick Start Assembly Guide," your child should be up-and-riding in 10-15 minutes.
Our bike technicians tune and inspect every Frog Bike before it leaves our warehouse. However, things can occasionally shift during shipping. We recommend that you perform the following Safety Check before allowing your child to ride:
- BRAKE CHECK: Raise the front wheel, spin it, and then squeeze the left brake lever to stop the front wheel, ensuring the front brake is operating correctly. Raise the rear wheel, spin it, and repeat the same process with the right brake lever for the rear wheel.
- SADDLE HEIGHT: Ensure your child is comfortable starting and stopping with the current saddle height. Check that the seat post collar clamp is firmly secured to hold the saddle height. Ensure that the seat post is not extended beyond its MIN INSERT line.
- SECURELY FASTENED WHEELS: Ensure that each wheel is securely fastened by checking that the axle’s mounting bolt or quick release clamp is tightly secured. The quick release clamp should leave an imprint on your palm when clamping into place if it is tightened properly.
- PEDALS: Ensure that both pedals are securely threaded into the crank arms.
- REFLECTORS: Ensure that front and rear reflectors are installed and visible.
- TIRES: Ensure that tires are inflated within each tire’s recommended pressure range (as printed on the sidewall of the tire).
If you are uncertain your assembly is correct, we recommend having a Safety Check performed by a local bike shop.
"QUICK START" ASSEMBLY GUIDES
FROG TADPOLE MINI (10" Balance Bike)
FROG TADPOLE (12" Balance Bike)
FROG TADPOLE+ (14" Balance Bike)
FROG 40 (14" First Pedal Bike)
FROG 44 (16" First Pedal Bike)
FROG 52 SINGLE SPEED (20" First Pedal Bike)
FROG 52 (20" Hybrid 8-Speed Bike)
FROG 55 (20" Hybrid 8-Speed Bike)
FROG 62 (24" Hybrid 8-Speed Bike)
FROG 69 (26" Hybrid 8-Speed Bike)
FROG 73 (26" Hybrid 8-Speed Bike)
FROG 78 (26" Hybrid 8-Speed Bike)
FROG ASSEMBLY VIDEO
Our step-by-step guide for assembling the Frog 40, 44 and 47. Although this video shows the assembly for Frog's single speed "First Pedal" bikes, much of the assembly is the same or very similar for the 20"-26" 8-speed Frogs (52, 53, 55, 62, 69, 73 and 78) bikes, as they require the same basic steps: installing the front wheel, attaching the front brakes, mounting the handlebar and installing the pedals. We've found this to be the most useful resource for our customers as you can visually see our professional bike technician walk through each step of assembly.
"YOUR NEW FROG BIKE" MANUAL
Frog's general assembly guide for all new Frog bikes.
Frog Owner’s Manual: this is the formal "Owner's Manual" that covers all Frog bikes. It contains extensive details on all of their bikes, but is probably less helpful for assembly.
Frog Mudguard Installation (Frog 52 & Up with Adjustable Struts) Instructions: These instructions are for the Frog 52, 55, 62, 69, 73 & 78 bikes. Most of our customers don't use the mudguards unless they are in a particularly rainy climate (it just adds unnecessary weight to the bike). In case you do, these will help you install them.
Resources our Customers have Found Helpful:
How to Connect Your Front Brake: This YouTube Video by Tredz Bikes shows how to disconnect and connect a V Brake.
How to Install a Quick Release Front Wheel: This YouTube Video by Bicycles Online shows you how to install a front wheel with a quick wheel.