Frog 48 Bicycle
5% OFF TODAY ONLY! Use code: HOLIDAYCHEER.
Super light. Super fun. One of our TOP PICKs for 16" bikes!
Fits: 4-6 year olds with minimum inseam of 18.75" (48cm).
Availability: In stock in Green, Pink, Red, Team Sky, Orange and Union Jack for immediate shipment. More USA Frog 48's are arriving on 12/18 so select 2-Day Air if you need this one by Christmas. Sold out in Spotty.
Light as a feather, this amazing all-aluminium bike has a very lightweight high quality frame and fork. A longer wheel base and low center of gravity make balancing easy, making this a great first pedal bike. The Frog 48 inspires confidence which means your tike will want to get out and ride more. Once they're rolling, your little ripper will be leaving you in the dust! With 16" wheels, this bike suitable for riders aged 4-6 years old with a minimum inside leg of 48cm.
The Frog 48 features (everything you could possibly want):
- Patented Frog Cranks: Reduced distance between pedals increases efficiency and comfort
- Not one but TWO sets of Kenda tires: a hybrid tire and a more knobby off-road tire
- Easy Reach Tektro Hand Brakes with adjustable levers, perfect for smaller hands. Better control means improved confidence for young riders.
- Rear freewheel (no coaster/foot brake). A 16" rear coaster brake wheel is available upon request.
- 440mm Width Riser Handlebar to ensure a comfortable reach for your child.
- Safety Steering Lock: Prevents oversteering which can cause an accident. Safer for learners, but still super nimble for more aggressive riders!
- Mudguards you can easily install if you ride regularly where the mud is flying.
- A high quality chain guide is installed. Includes an optional full chain guard you can install instead if you prefer.
- Soft handlebar grips for comfortable riding.
- 6 reflectors (1 for the front, 1 for the back and 4 for the wheels).
- A bell to let others know you're approaching
- A small bottle of touch up paint, to cover up those inevitable scratches.
Free 5 year warranty available on the frame and fork, 2 years on all other parts.
Frog Bikes has partnered with USA Cycling to be their Official Kids' Bike through 2020.
|Approx Age||4-6 years|
|Color||FROG: Red, Purple, Orange, White/Spots, Pink TEAM SKY: White/Blue/Yellow|
|Weight||14.8 lbs (6.75 kg)|
|Frame||Aluminum 9.5" Frog 48 Frame|
|Head Set||Locking headset, 27mm|
|Bottom Bracket||116mm Sealed Bottom Bracket|
|Crank Set||Aluminum 102mm Black|
|Chain Ring||Steel 32 Teeth|
|Chain Guard||Integral Black Chain Guard. Full chain guard supplied and fitted as required.|
|Brakes||Tektro C310 Aluminum V Brake Black|
|Brake Levers||Tektro Aluminum JL352-RS V Brake Lever Black|
|Length of top tube||374mm (horizontal distance from seat post to stem: 393mm)|
|Stem||Frog Bikes Aluminum 35mm Stem|
|Handlebar||Frog Bikes Aluminum 30mm Riser Handlebars, Width 440mm|
|Grip||Frog Bikes Specific Locking Slim Grips|
|Saddle||Frog Bikes Saddle Size:201*136mm, Black, adjustable rails for better fit|
|Seat Post||Aluminum 200mm, 27.2mm wide.|
|Pedal||Plastic with Ball Bearings and Reflectors|
|Rim||Aluminum 16" x 1.5" 20 holes Black(Weight:240g)|
|Hubs||Aluminum 20 holes|
|Tires||Kenda 16" x 1.5" hybrid tires|
|Extra Tires||Kenda K1153 16"x1.75|
|Tubes||Kenda 16" x 1.5" with Schrader Valves|
|Right Hand Gear Shifter||Single Speed|
|Free Wheel||16 T Copper|
|Reflectors||White & Red front & rear reflectors, 2x wheel reflectors (in both white and orange)|
|Mudguard||Plastic Mudguards front and rear|
|Frame Protectors||Clear stickers for chainstay and frame|
On top of quality products, Frog is a an environmentally friendly company, working hard to preserve our beautiful planet for the children who are riding their bikes. The Frog factory has achieved ISO4001 environmental credentials in recognition of their effective environmental management system.
All Frog 48 bikes arrive 90% assembled. All you need to do is install the pedals, seat post, handlebars and front wheel. If you decide you want the optional mud guards and full chain guard on your bike, these will need to be installed also.
Our professional bike technician looks over every bike before it ships and switches the hand brakes to be standard for the US (rear on the right, front on the left).
If you have any questions about assembling your bike, please don't hesitate to contact us via email or call (970) 718-BIKE.
Free 5 year warranty available on the frame and forks, 2 years on all other parts.