Cleary Gecko 12" Single Speed Alloy Kids Bike
A feathery light bike for young kids just learning to pedal.
Fits: The Gecko best fits riders with an inseam of 14″ to 18″, usually 2-3.5 yrs old. First time riders feel safest with their bottom on the saddle and their feet flat on the ground. A child with a 15″ inseam will fit the Gecko with the integrated seat/seat post dropped as low as possible. Once kids get comfortable on two wheels, they’ll want to sit on the saddle with only the balls of their feet on the ground. Thus, a confident rider with a 15″ inseam and a first-time rider with a 17″ inseam each will feel comfortable set-up with the same position on their bikes.
Why we Love this Bike:
The new Alloy Gecko is among the most lightweight kid’s bikes on the planet, weighing just 12 lbs. We designed the bike so 2-3 year-olds fit comfortably in a kid-specific ride position that’s efficient, balanced and agile. The Gecko’s geometry and frame design and gearing work together so your blossoming biker can stand up out of the saddle, stop quickly, roll over trails and crush pump tracks. The Gecko’s low, stable center of gravity thrives on dirt, pavement, and everything in between. Your toddler will be speeding down the bike path in no time.
- Frameset: Premium ultra lightweight 6061 alloy
- Headset: FSA sealed 1” headset
- Stem: 30mm Alloy 1" w/25.4mm clamp
- Handle Bars: 500mm wide alloy flat bar for 19mm grips
- Grips: Cleary 19mm Junior grips
- Seat: Vegan leather saddle w/ integrated alloy seat post, handle beneath
- Seat Post: 25.4mm x 160mm alloy seat post
- Brakes: Tektro junior V-brakes and xs reach brake levers
- Cranks: 89mm alloy 3 piece cranks
- Chain Ring: 25 tooth
- Bottom Bracket: FSA sealed bearing
- Pedals: VP junior pedals 9/16"
- Chain: KMC Z1 Narrow
- Freewheel Option: Sunrace 13 tooth freewheel
- Coaster: Available
- Wheels: Alloy hubs and rims with stainless spokes, Allen style QR's, rims with stainless spokes
- Tires: Super high contact 2.15 knobby, tan sidewall, Schrader valve
- Disclaimer: Spec can change at any time.
All Gecko 12" single speed bikes arrive 99% assembled. All you need to do is install the pedals, seat post, handlebars and front wheel, as outlined in the Cleary Bikes Assembly Manual and seen on our Assembly Videos.
LIFETIME WARRANTYThe Cleary Bikes Lifetime Warranty stands behind each of our bikes for as long as you ride it. Meaning, the original purchaser has a Lifetime Warranty against any and all manufacturer's defects on the bikes. Go ride hard.
Wonderful first bike.
My son changed to Gecko from a balance bike. On the second day, he did a 13.5 km trip.
instruction is not uptodate
very well, except the instruction is not quite uptodate.
Exceptional service experience!
Bike is awesome. Our just-turned-3yo was up and pedaling with no assistance (and no training wheels) within a week. But way more importantly, Cherie, who helped with the purchase, raises the bar on truly exceptional customer experience. I will recommend this shop to anyone who asks, and many who don’t ask. Cherie went way beyond to ensure the bike arrived in time for a short-notice, important weekend of biking.
My daughter is just 2.5 years old and can start, stop and pedal all by her self! A great bike is the key to a child's success.