Cleary Owl 20" 3-Speed Kids Bike
The magic of a two wheeled adventure with the excitement of shifting!
Fits: Best fit for riders with an inseam of 19" to 23". A rider with a 21" inseam will sit on the Owl with their bottom on the saddle, flat footed on the ground with the seat at its lowest position. At that same saddle height, riders with 19” inseam will happily sit with only the balls of their feet on the ground. As long as a child has an inseam of 19”, their arms and torso are long enough so they can reach the handlebars comfortably.
Why we Love this Bike
The magic of two-wheeled adventure is built straight into every component of the Owl 3 speed 20 inch kids bike. If your early-grade-school adventurer is ready for their first foray into the excitement of shifting, it starts with the Owl.
- Expert bike geometry centers weight between the rider’s hands and seat, which creates a stable, quick-handling bike
- Front and rear Tektro V-brakes brakes, grips and 19mm diameter handlebars designed specifically for little hands
- 3-Speed Sturmey Archer S-RF3 Internal Gear rear hub. Light alloy body, reliable and abusable. Riders shift when NOT pedaling.
- Gear range: 32 x 19T middle gear gear ratio with 25% gear reduction in lowest gear and 33% increase in top gear.
- Slim, junior race-style vegan leather saddle designed to maximize a rider’s range of motion while minimizing chafing and weight
- 5mm Allen skewer on front wheel
- Internal brake cable routing
- Water Bottle cage mounts on down tube
- Three-piece crank and square taper bottom bracket
- Reinforced steel fork
- Your child will ride the Owl on trails, to school, all over the bike park and probably sleep with it in his room. (Sorry about that!)
- Owls accept knobby mountain bike tires up to 2.125" for extreme off-road use
Cleary spent a lot of time figuring out how to put gears on an Owl. In keeping with the rest of the line, the goal was to create the geared Owl to be smooth and maintenance free, with a wide range.
|Frameset||Lightweight 1020 alloy steel frame & fork|
|Headset||FSA sealed 1” headset|
|Stem||40mm alloy 1″ w/25.4mm clamp|
|Handle Bars||520mm/20.5″ wide, 19mm diameter handlebar with 35mm rise|
|Grips||Cleary 19mm Grips|
|Seat||Vegan leather saddle|
|Seatpost||25.4mm x 250mm alloy|
|Brakes||Tektro junior v-brakes & brake levers|
|Shifter||Sturmey Archer DLS30 trigger shifter|
|Cranks||127mm alloy 3 piece cranks|
|Chain Ring||32 tooth|
|Bottom Bracket||FSA sealed bearing|
|Pedals||VP JR pedals 9/16″|
|Freewheel||19 tooth w/ hub|
|Wheels||Alloy front hub w/ Allen style QR, Sturmey Archer S-RF3 3 speed internal gear hub, Alex rims and stainless spokes|
|Tires||20″ x 1.9″|
Cleary owl 3 speed
Great call, great service, great bike
Fast, easy, great bike.
Prompt shipping right to our door in time for our little guy’s Birthday. Get bike for smaller aggressive riders!
Excellent Customer Service!
We live in MN and found a bike for our son for his birthday. It was shipped in time for him to receive.
Great bike, fast shipping!
Bike is of great quality, was easy enough to put together. My son is learning how to ride without training wheels and he loves this bike. Shipping was fast, ordered Monday and it arrived on Friday! Would recommend!
Very helpful staff glad I called
Bike arrived quickly