Prevelo Alpha Four 24" Bike
Inspire confidence. Explore on or off road. This bike is the real deal.
Fits: Age 7 - 11 yrs (inseam 23" - 28")
Availability: Braap Blue & Speed Silver are in stock for immediate shipment. Power Purple is currently SOLD OUT.
The 24" Alpha Four offers an 8-speed Shimano drive train. The 11-34T wide range gearing is the real deal and gives growing riders truly usable gear range.
The Prevelo Alpha Four Bicycle features:
- Prevelo confidence inspiring low and narrow geometry. Prevelo geometry keeps the rider low, balanced and in control.
- Lightweight 6061 aluminum frame with custom formed tubing.
- Lightweight aluminum alloy fork with chromoly steerer.
- Tektro front and rear v-brakes.
- Quick release front and rear wheels for toolless wheel removal.
- Three piece crank with squared taper bottom cartridge bearing bottom bracket and ultra narrow Q factor.
- Custom made cranks. All Prevelo cranks are sized specifically for each model bike, down to the millimeter.
- Shimano ALTUS 8-speed drivetrain. This 8-speed derailleur has a SHIMANO Smart cage. This unique pulley cage permits the use of a shorter pulley cage without comprising gear ratio width. Because kids’ bikes have small wheel diameters, rear derailleurs on kids bikes hang low and close to the ground. The Prevelo Alpha bikes use Smart cage derailleurs to keep things high and away from the ground.
- Shimano ACERA RAPIDFIRE Plus Shift Lever. Small hands have a hard time using twist shifters. We use reliable silky smooth thumb shifters. They are easy for small hands to operate, have an indicator display, and operate just like shifters on high performance bikes.
- Replaceable derailleur hanger. If the derailleur takes a hard hit, the hanger can be replaced without repair to the frame.
- 11-34T wide span gearing gives riders plenty of range to spin up tough hills.
- 95% assembled. Just install the handlebar, seatpost, front wheel and pedals.
Add a Kickstand separately.
|FRAME||6061 heat treated aluminum alloy custom formed tubing|
|FORK||Aluminum alloy blades with chromoly steerer tube - 35mm rake|
|SEAT CLAMP||Aluminum alloy with toolless adjustment|
|FRONT BRAKE||Tektro aluminum alloy V-brake|
|REAR BRAKE||Tektro aluminum alloy V-brake|
|FRONT BRAKE LEVER||Tektro aluminum alloy|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||8-speed Shimano Altus double servo with Smart cage|
|SHIFTER REAR||Shimano Acera RAPIDFIRE Plus|
|CRANK SET||Prevelo anodized alloy 3-piece square taper with 130MM crank length.|
|SPROCKET||32T with double chain ring guard|
|BB SET||Sealed cartridge|
|HEAD SET||1 1/8" threadless|
|RIM||Aluminum with grinded sidewalls|
|FRONT HUB||Lightweight alloy 1-piece forged CNC with quick release|
|REAR HUB||Lightweight alloy 1-piece forged CNC with quick release|
|TIRE & TUBE||Kenda Small Block Eight Pro 24 ×1.5|
|SADDLE||Prevelo big kid saddle|
|HANDLEBAR||Prevelo aluminum big bore - 580mm width x 40mm rise with 31.8mm to 22mm taper|
|HANDLEBAR STEM||Aluminum 60mm extension|
|PEDAL||Composite with 9/16 chromoly axle|
|A Wheel Size||24"|
|B Wheelbase||38.1 in / 968 mm|
|C Effective Top Tube Length||19.6 in / 498 mm|
|D Head Angle||69.|
|E Seat Tube Angle||69°|
|F Chain Stay Length||16.3 in / 415 mm|
Weights & Heights
|Weight (including pedals)||21.2 lbs / 9.6 kg|
|Minimum Saddle Height||25.8 in / 655 mm|
|Maximum Saddle Height||31.2 in / 792 mm|
|Bottom Bracket Height||9.9 in / 252 mm|