Frog 44 Bicycle
Super light. Super fun. One of our TOP PICKs for 16" bikes!
Fits: 4-5 year olds with minimum inseam of 17" (44cm).
Availability: All colors are sold out.
Good bye Frog 48. Hello Frog 44! Recently the Frog 48 was redesigned into the Frog 44 to allow a smaller child to fit the bike. The Frog 44 now fits a child with a 44 cm (17 in) inseam.
In addition, Frog has reduced the weight of this model - it is now feathery light at only 6.39kg (14.0 lbs)! Along with the weight reduction, Frog has lowered the bottom bracket to achieve a more ergonomic position on the bike.
Grows with the child! The new frame has a longer steerer tube which includes a 10mm spacer on top of the stem. This allows room to move the handlebars into a higher position as they grow.
This amazing all-aluminum bike has a very lightweight high quality frame and fork. A longer wheel base and low center of gravity make balancing easy, making this a great first pedal bike. The Frog 44 inspires confidence which means your tike will want to get out and ride more. Once they're rolling, your little ripper will be leaving you in the dust! With 16" wheels, this bike suitable for riders aged 4-6 years old with a minimum inside leg of 44cm.
The Frog 44 features (everything you could possibly want):
- Patented Frog Cranks: Reduced distance between pedals increases efficiency and comfort
- Easy Reach Tektro Hand Brakes with adjustable levers, perfect for smaller hands. Better control means improved confidence for young riders.
- Rear freewheel (no coaster/foot brake). A 16" rear coaster brake wheel is available upon request.
- 440mm Width Riser Handlebar to ensure a comfortable reach for your child.
- Safety Steering Lock: Prevents oversteering which can cause an accident. Safer for learners, but still super nimble for more aggressive riders!
- Mudguards you can easily install if you ride regularly where the mud is flying.
- A high quality chain guide is installed. Includes an optional full chain guard you can install instead if you prefer.
- Soft handlebar grips for comfortable riding.
- 6 reflectors (1 for the front, 1 for the back and 4 for the wheels).
- A bell to let others know you're approaching
- A small bottle of touch up paint, to cover up those inevitable scratches.
The Frog engineers have literally thought of everything!
|Approx Age||4 - 5|
|Bike Weight||6.39kg (14.0 lbs)|
|Frame||6061 T6 heat treated Aluminium alloy, seat tube 9" (230mm)|
|Fork||6061 T6 heat treated aluminium alloy|
|Front Hub||Quando, aluminium, sealed hub, 5mm allen bolt internal fixing, 16 hole|
|Rear Hub||Quando, aluminium, sealed hub, standard freewheel thread and 5mm allen bolt internal fixing, 16 hole, drive side chain tensioner|
|Cassette/Free wheel||ATA, standard ISO thread, 18t, 4 prong removal, chrome plated/brown|
|Rim||Aluminium, 16"x1.5", double wall, with machined braking surface|
|Seat Clamp||Aluminium, 5mm allen key fixing|
|Headset||Neco, 1"1/8 , threadless, safety steering stop, Frog Bikes top cap|
|Stem||Aluminium, 1"1/8, 38mm, 4 bolt clamp|
|Grips/Bar tape||Frog Bikes specific, lock on, slim grips|
|Brakes (F&R)||Tektro C310, aluminium, linear pull|
|Tires||Kenda K1047, 16"x1.5", Hybrid, (ETRTO/ISO: 38-305)|
|Accessories box||Bell, bike reflectors white/red, wheel reflectors orange/white, paint plasters (excl. Union Jack- touch up paint supplied), frame protector patches|
|Crank set / Chainring||Frog Bikes Patented, 89mm, Aluminium straight arm cranks, 32T chainring, Black|
|Bottom Bracket||Neco, square taper, 68/107.5, cartridge bearings|
|Pedals||Resin platform, 9/16" thread, w/reflectors|
|Chain||KMC, single speed|
|Handlebar||Aluminium, 30mm riser bar, 440mm|
|Brake Levers||Tektro JL352-RS, aluminium, easy reach brake lever|
|Saddle||Frog Bikes child-specific saddle (small), steel rails|
On top of quality products, Frog is a an environmentally friendly company, working hard to preserve our beautiful planet for the children who are riding their bikes. The Frog factory has achieved ISO4001 environmental credentials in recognition of their effective environmental management system.
All Frog 44 bikes arrive 90% assembled. All you need to do is install the pedals, seat post, handlebars and front wheel. If you decide you want the optional mud guards and full chain guard on your bike, these will need to be installed also.
Our professional bike technician looks over every bike before it ships and switches the hand brakes to be standard for the US (rear on the right, front on the left).
If you have any questions about assembling your bike, please don't hesitate to contact us via email or call (970) 718-BIKE.
Free 5 year warranty available on the frame and forks, 2 years on all other parts.