Strider 12 Classic Balance Bike
Learning to ride a bike shouldn’t be complicated or frustrating.
Strider balance bikes are very simple bikes designed to teach young children how to steer and balance on two wheels. Striders are designed with only foot propulsion to teach the fundamentals of riding. Because they have no pedals or other complicated forms of propulsion, most children find riding a Strider as easy as walking. When the fundamentals of balance and steering are mastered, transitioning to a bicycle with pedals is straightforward.
With no pedals or gears, the Strider 12 Classic allows children to develop the balance, confidence, and grit it takes to tackle riding and face the world head-on. The Strider 12 Classic is their basic model that gives every kid the chance to experience the simple joy of a Genuine Strider Bike (at least until naptime). The budget-friendly Strider 12 Classic will handle all the abuse your toddler can dole out. The lightweight, steel frame was specifically constructed for child-level durability, and their Flat-Free Foam Rubber Tires mean you’ll never have to fix a flat or worry about a tire pump no matter what your little ripper rolls over or through. In addition, it has the lowest seat height of any balance bike (28-40 cm [11-16 in.]) on the market, so it fits an inseam of 30-43 cm (12-17 in.). That means even the tiniest of toddlers can find the perfect fit to build up their confidence.
What We LOVE About This Bike:
- The perfect starter bike for children 18 months - 5 years
- It fits children with an inseam of 30-43 cm (12-17 in.).
- Seat Height Range of 28 - 41 cm (11 - 16 in)
- The All-Weather Plastic Mini-Seat stays intact through rain, sleet, and shine.
The lightweight, steel frame weighs in at only 2.9 kg (6.5 lbs.).It is light enough for a toddler to handle yet durable enough to withstand their abuse.
- The Flat-Free Foam Rubber Tires can withstand toddler havoc. In other words, you’ll never need to fix a flat.
Is your little one not quite 18 months? You can get your baby started as early as 6 months with the Strider Rocking Base!
There are three models of the Strider 12 Balance Bike, the Classic (or most basic), the Sport (same as classic with a few extra features), and the Pro/Racer (a lighter weight Sport). View the Strider Model Comparison Chart.
Full Tech Specs:
- Assembled Weight: 2.9 kg (6.5 lbs.)
- Handlebar Height: 46 -56 cm (18 -22 in.)
- Seat Height: 28 -41 cm (11 -16 in.)
- All-Weather Plastic Mini-Seat
- Ultralight Molded Wheels with Maintenance-Free Sealed Cartridge Bearings and Flat-Free Foam Rubber
- 12” Tires
- U.S. Patented Design
- Steel Frame
- Built-In Footrests
- Standard Handlebar and Grips
- Max. Rider Weight: 27 kg (60 lbs.)
- *Ages 18 Months to 5 Years with XL Seatpost (not included)
- *Not Compatible with any pedal kits
Great customer service!
My son (2.5 years) absolutely loves his strider bike and is getting more and more confident using it. Customer service was great to work with and the bike arrived quickly.
Service was great and bike
Service was great and bike arrived ahead of schedule Thank you